Masks.
Last weekend, I went for a jog with a friend. Her name is Khadijah, such a lovely name, isn't it? The beholder of such name is also a lovely person. After the jogging session, we went for lunch at Subway, we were like "strictly no rice" but bread is okay? (logic).
We had quite a deep conversation and you know, just talked our hearts out. She asked me what I thought about her and I told her about it and I tried to do it nicely as not to hurt her feelings yet I wanted to make sure my opinions came across. The way she reacted afterwards and her comprehension of what I said made me think, "Okay, I guess everything came across nicely".
Then, I asked her what she thought of me.
She threw her look away and pondered something.
She continued, "You're deep and it's like, you have these different masks. You're wearing these masks, and different masks for different people."
How did I react?
I grinned wickedly and told her I totally agreed with her.
I do have masks for different people respectively. I've grown to be such person and I don't know whether it's an advantage or the other way around for me. Perhaps I can cater it depending on my surrounding.
That's why I think I'm a very hypocritical person.
p/s: now I'm craving for Subway, damn it.
Comments
Post a Comment